Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wordless Wednesday or total Silence Wednesday


Wednesday, October 21 - 2008 - Nordre Gravlund (Northern Cemetery) - Oslo, Norway
The Day before the Urn Interment.

Papa had to go and check it out during his Lunch hour: Is the Grave Stone brought back and properly rehabiltated - with Ruben's Name written correctly? And the special Stone, is it there with the correct words? Is every prepared for Wednesdays ceremony? What do we need to redo? New Plants? New Lights? etc.
Well, as you can see, the two Stones are there. Even the hole for the Urn.

Papa needs to plant and fix some Light to the Grave. It's also close to Tous Saints and X-Mas time. Must buy something on Wednesday before arrival. Enlarge to see my Family - on my Fathers side. It will be our Family Grave. Someday I'll be there too. It's good to know. Enlarge to view.

Top down:
My Grand Dad (Who build the Summerhouses) - he died on Dec 25 in 1963 - Cerebral Hermorrhage. Less than 10 hours from he felt his first pain. I was there at the first moment he felt something was wrong.
My Grand Mother - she died by Breast Cancer - I did not know about until 3 weeks afterwards. How could that be? At that I went around the old waterways in Europe. Writing for a Magazine. But - no Internet, no Cellphones, no international long distance call kiosks along our route - only "poste restante" at certain places. My Father - he died during a heart operation - most proberly due to the fact the operating crew did not got the information: Diabetes. So you must tune the anesthesias/narcosis.
My Son - Poisened with out knowing it. Do not ever take any kind of analgesic (2 days before) you know you will go to a party where drugs like Alcool etc will be served. If you broke a bone/leg and something, and you know within the 2-3 next Days, You are going to an important celebration - avoid all kinds of "stuff" that are giving you the same "relaxation" as Morfin.
IT' DEADLY. AND NOBODY TELLS YOU
Most Doctors do not know about this 3-fold combination. What happens is this. When these different ingredients, alone mostly positive (if not allergic), are combined, your brain send a certain Signal:
STOP BREATHING. When asleep you have no chance. You not only stop breathing, you also stop living. So take care when you have heavy pains.
(Ruben had from a very complicated fracture in his foot - and was told: Just relaxe.... Public Health can be very good - but also very neglecting when it's a monopoly) I'm Wordless.
The text on the tiny stone to the left: Vi savner deg - We miss you.
That Stone is brought by Rubens Brother (Niklas) and Sister (Ingelin) from his (Rubens) Favourite Summer Camp Island in the Inner Oslofjord (Langøyene - Long Islands - Just some minutes away from down town Oslo).

I'm Wordless

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

I'm so very sorry. I didn't know all of this. Thank you for telling us of the horrible side affects to mixing certain things. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 21, 2008 8:56 pm  
Blogger jams o donnell said...

My thoughts are with you Tor. Agains thanks for the warning. It is something everyone should know,

October 21, 2008 9:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tor, you and your family are in my heart. No words can express what I feel for you.

October 21, 2008 10:36 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

* Menu
o correct
o
o

Don't stand beside my grave and weep,
For I'm not there, I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond's glint on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
of quiet birds in circle flight,
I am soft stars that shine at night,
Don't stand beside my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

Author Unknown

Hugs, my dear Viking!!!

October 21, 2008 10:48 pm  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

Our thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Thanks for the visit and the comment.

October 21, 2008 11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're feeling with you on this day. Strong feelings of sadness. I think you've done a very, very good thing here, by letting other people know how dangerous this is. To warn others.

What a nice stone that is that Niklas and Ingelin brought for him. Very thoughtful of them.

We're still wordless too, of such an unfair loss of your son. *sigh*

(((hugs x millions))

October 22, 2008 2:37 am  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Good to know! Whoa...this post packs a whallop! Wordless is right. How very sad.

October 22, 2008 3:40 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I am also wordless...Big Hugs.... and a few tears for you.

October 22, 2008 3:44 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Words fail me...just a big hug for you.

October 22, 2008 4:47 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Words cannot express just how sorry I am Toraa but I appreciate you took such great pain to post it and warn us about the danger of mixing medication with alocohol.

Hugs to you my dear friend.

October 22, 2008 4:52 am  
Blogger Lori said...

Wow...Im wordless too. God Bless and Hugs with blessings on this WW.

October 22, 2008 6:16 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

I just join Maribeth !

October 22, 2008 7:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I had the right words to say...
Maribeth's poem is absolutely beautiful!
My thoughts are with you and your family.

October 22, 2008 8:46 am  
Blogger lime said...

i know this was not an easy day and i am so very sorry ruben's name had to be added to that memorial stone, especially knowing now it could have been avoided.

many hugs, much love and many wishes for peace in your heart, friend. there are no adequate words.

October 22, 2008 3:10 pm  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

How sad!! *hugs*

October 22, 2008 5:58 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our thoughts and prayers fly across the mountains and oceans to your and Anna's side on this sad day.

Take strength in each other, and thank you for the medical information. Everyone should know it.
Love to you,
Joan and Steve
(from Suzan's house)

October 22, 2008 7:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know we are supporting you my friend. I remember checking that everything was in order at the cemetary for my mom. I just had to check it myself, nobody else could do it right (Renny offered) and it was one of the hardest moments of the planning process.

October 24, 2008 8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home