Sunday, October 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOTHER - 89

My Mother is 89 this Sunday October 12 - 2008.
We would surprise her. Where she now lives - at the elderly home. 40 minutes by public transportation from our Winter home.


And brought a bottle of Champagne, in fact this bottle was a gift to Anna at her's 3x20 celeberation some weeks ago. She wanted to share it with my Mother. The bottle was a gift from Frode (my good childhood friend - which my mother also know very well) and his woman, Astrid. So we shared memories from the 40 and early 50'ies.

We also brought 4 glasses. And Blue Grapes from our Summer House Garden (She was there before I was born). And guess who has blogged about our Grapes to Day? Click on Blue Grapes.

When we arrived, my Mother was not alone. My x-wife (scroll down to see) and our good friend Solvi had arrived some minutes earlier.

We talked and talked and enjoyed the Champagne while I unpacked my PC and connected to Internet via my Mobile Device. My Mother wanted to see how it is with her Grand Son Mats, who is living in Michigan.
She is very proud of her Grandson. My youngest boy.
Then we clicked into to Anna's 3x20 event, as shown some weeks ago here at this blog.
we left 1/4 of the Champagne in her fridge. She needed some early evening food - and we left. See the Blueberry Muffin?
We had a good time together.
And are looking forward to next years Grand Old Lady Event: 3x30 - Hurray.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Tor's Mother,
Happy Birthday to you.

It was Captain Lifecruiser with the post about your grapes. That's who.

Thanks for sharing your mothers birthday. Glad everyone had a great time. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 12, 2008 9:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful~! Happy Birthday to my dear Tor's mother. You have a wonderful son, whom we all adore. You did a great job!
So dear woman, happy birthday and may you have good health, a happy heart and more wonderful birthdays!

October 12, 2008 10:04 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy 89th Birthday to your Momma, Tor! It looks like she had a very very good time at her Celebration!

Do come and Visit my blog sometime....I know you are busier than a Bee...But, dob't foget your old Blog Buddies, My Dear!
Hope you had a LOVELY Weekend!

October 12, 2008 10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so much remember you talk so warmly about your Mom and what a great contribution this post is. Of course you have all the reason to be proud of her too.

She looks soooo good and happy in these pics and you looks like her too Tor :-)

Cheers to your Mom!

October 12, 2008 10:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday x 89 to your Mom. She really does look happy in those pictures :-)

How wonderful to drink champagne at the 89th birthday - I hope to do that too, if I get to that age!

The grapes are just beauuutiful. Yum.

I'm sure you're equally proud over each other, since you're so wonderful persons all of you :-)

October 12, 2008 11:36 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Your mother doesn't look her age at all ! What a nice birthday for her !

October 13, 2008 7:25 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I hope your mama had a wonderful day, Tor. Actually looking at the photographs, she is have a great time. Your mother is just a little older than mine is. Aren't these grand old ladies wonderful? I hope I'm as good at that age.

October 13, 2008 8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday to her!! how wonderful to hear about this lovely surprise for her. She looks very happy, that's the best medicine for a long life.

October 13, 2008 9:56 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Happy Birthday to your Mama and wishing the best of health always :D

Cheers!!

October 13, 2008 3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW! 3 Birthdays in so short time! First Anna, then your daughter, and now Mom. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the ladies in your Family, Tor!!!
And next year - oh wow, that will be something, too - 3x30!!! All the best to your mom on 3x30-1 ;-)

October 14, 2008 1:25 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I love the picture of your mother holding the champagne in one hand and the grapes in the other! What a party girl!!

October 14, 2008 6:09 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

She looks amazing! I think it's neat that your ex-wife still is close to her.

Looks like she had a great B-day! My mom is 87 and losing a bit of memory but still is in her house with my 89 year-old dad.
Don't work too hard!

October 15, 2008 12:43 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

What a ripe, old age, as we say, Tor! If my mom were still living today, she'd be 91!

October 15, 2008 4:18 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Belated happy birthday wishes to your dear mother!

I can see where her son gets his good looks. :)

October 17, 2008 2:42 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home