Thursday, November 29, 2012

Grandpa Vagabond goes from Norway to Chile


Anyone who knows a bit of Geography knows it is a very long way from Norway to Chile. In fact very long. Both in distance and travel time. There are no direct flight connections between the two countries. For me Oslo – Frankfurt – Saô Paulo – SantiagoDSC_0083.
Travelling time is about the same as by car from Oslo to Paris.
Let this wonderful bird represent my travel experiences. Time difference is 4 hours from Central European Time.

077
My journey started in Frankfurt, Germany. 010
Due to the fact my wonderful grandchild Leander celebrated his 3 years day end of October. It is nice to be “bestefar”. Herefrom his Kindergarden. 078
In Frankfurt I also met my travel companion, and our good friend Sylvien. 006 Sweets and massage side by side at Sao Paulo Airport 26.11.2012 21-14-28
The Flight from Frankfurt to Santiago was with Lufthansa to Saô Paulo. GRU IMG_0549
There we changed our flight to TAM with destination Santiago. DSC_0022
Last time I was in Santiago was in 1997. I was very eager to know how the city looks like in 2012. DSC_0048
No doubt, Santiago is a modern Metropole. DSC_0019
We stayed in Sylviens Appartement in Las Condes – the better part of the City. Prepared our own dinners based of fresh food. DSC_0167
My regular readers I’ve been often in US the past years – and visited shopping malls there. Well, I think US- markeds have something to learn. Wall Mart has a chain there – Lider, but they have to learn… Photo from Lider. We were not allowed to take photos in the Shops!!! DSC_0070
We arrived the day before the Holy Day, when they in Chile “celebrate” their dear dead ones. We went to the Zoo.
DSC_0111
And to Cerro San Cristobal  - splendid view over Santiago. Do you recognize the Pope?DSC_0162
We had a short lunch here DSC_0138
Wonderful view. Do you see the snowcaped Andes Mountains on top of the Photo?
DSC_0146
.. before we went down to the city along to curvey road DSC_0147
Just a tiny rest on our walking way down. Sylvien loves hats.
DSC_0136
Several piqnic areas down the hill
.DSC_0166
Down from the Cerro. Beautiful street – green and well maintained. I like. DSC_0130
OK my dear blog friend – this was from my first day in Santiago since 1997. End of October 2012. (I love Flowers) DSC_0159
Hope you will follow my trip to other exciting places in South America.
Greetings from Grandpa Vagabond

Smilefjes som blunker
PS. My voyage to South America become a reality thanks to my very good friend Sylvien. And with 100% support from my beautiful wife Anna. What a gift for me as newly retired. I’m really greatful.

There will be more to come, so stay tuned

All Photostaken by me and those of me by Sylvien.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Where's Anna? She didn't go with you? What a shame. I guess she's still working?

Have a fabulous time. :)

November 29, 2012 11:46 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a fabulous trip! Beautiful pictures, Tor! I LOVED the picture of the Penquins....Wonderful, Wonderful!

You are really enjoying your retirement, aresn't you? Good For You!

November 30, 2012 12:42 am  
Blogger MaR said...

What fun trip, Anna has a huge heart. I am so glad you visited "my" corner too, saw pics on fb but they were "public" and I abstain from commenting on those... paranoia, I know!! Looking forward to more pictures


November 30, 2012 7:47 am  
Blogger Martina Rau said...

Wonderful pictures!

Tina

November 30, 2012 9:01 am  
Blogger MarJE said...

Hei,
Ser ut som ei fin og koselig reise du er på. Kjekt at du deler opplevelsane i bilder til oss :))
Koselig bestefar bilde....det er lykke :))
Koselig at du besøkte bloggen min.
Ha fortsatt fine dagar.

November 30, 2012 3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home