Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 31 - 2008 - Two years of blogging

I am happy -and Beauty

My dear reader,
I'm so grateful to be a part of the wonder of the blogoshere. You know how we can meet across borders, time zones, ages, genders, interests and cultures. It's a fabulous tool for meeting and communicating. I wish that within 2010 all people on our Planet could have access to the WWW as you, my dear reader. At least by public PC Internet facilities.
You have learned to know me and my family and our pets and friends. In good times and in grief. The last 2 years.

What you all have meant to me by comments and private e-mails after my son Rubens sudden death can not be valuated with money and thanks alone. You gave me and my family strenght. To continue both life, work and relationships. You, me dear reader have helped me to think positive.

You know, I'm just back from the Hospital. I'm declared free from serious illnesses.

But, my thoughts now are with my Son and Daughter in Laws Mother in Michigan: She is seriously ill. Cancer - in a stage -¤#-%"- I say no more. God bless Gail. Let her live for many more years to come. She is a unique and wondeful, cultural giving person. She gave us all an unforgettable wedding for Mats and Lory in early August 2006.. (before I did start blogging). Not to forget all the concerts by South Michigan Symphony Orchestra which she gave me a free entrance to.

-----------------
It would be very unpolite of me to here and now declare that some of you are more important for me than others during my 2 years as blogger.
But let me say this:
Renny was the one that not only once but repeately encourage me into this wonderful world.
I've met, beside Renny, two of you in person, flesh and blood: Mrs Lifecruiser and Suzann. And not to forget Diane - a wondeful person both of us learned to know the first second we first time met. And we have met many times and had much fun and good quality times together, also with her sons.
I've called and talked to The old Lady of the Hills (Naomi).
Gattina brought me into the world of Cat lovers. And with a very special sense of humor.
And - the one - that has invited us for a meeting next year in southern France, has inspired me to write and read French again ( I did visit France every year from 1964-1993)
And Lisa, who invited me for a lunch this August in Indianapolis area. I was so close, but had no chance when staying with my Son and DIL.
And all my friends in Canada, Asia and all over Europe, even in South America and Africa, not to forget Australia. And my family around the world.

I've written and got personal e-mails from so many of you my dear blogger friends, I'm flattered. And a bit ashamed - could be better to follow up. I'll do my best, when we are back in our Winterhome. In 5-6 weeks time.

Love you all. You have given me a new dimension.
Blog for peace and friendship

Greetings from

Anna and Tor ;))

Don't take life too serious. Be what you are. Self irony helps your health. Do what you can do and respect others, humans, animals, plants whatverer. Then you'll have a good and happy life.

Looking forward to meet you all, me dear readers, via blog, phone calls and in real life.

Thank you all for giving me (and Anna) a wonderful experience the past 2 years.

ooops - it's a never ending story. Right?

PS. I have not updated my blogroll for a long time. Excuse me for some of you that are my most trusted friends that are not still listed. I'll fix, early in my 3rd year as a blogger.

btw. Blogerfriends: I have learned so much from your blogs. An enrichment that can not be learned from any official publication.
I've even learned English and Spanish besides have had the ability to practice some French. My mother tongue is still Norwegian. So excuse my hahaha english and other linguistics
Bloggers: Let's rule the world, with peace and respect

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

CONGRATULATION TorAa....! And this was such a lovely tribute to all your Blog Buddies...I thank you for the special mention, my dear...And the feelings are Mutual!
I value you and Anna and your Cats, and the delightful things you share, as well as the sad things, too....It is good that you feel such a comfort in Blogland because this "extra" dimesion of blogging in ALL of our lives is very very precious! Who knew?
I agree that if everyone blogged the possibility of Peace wouls be so much greater, because we see how much we are all really alike and truly do want the very same things out of life, and are saddened by the very same things as well as rejoicing in the great promise and hope that life holds for each of us and all of us....This is more powerful than any other medium in a way, because we truly get to know one another, reading each others blogs, day after day....It is a closeness that people who do NOT blog have a difficult time understanding....! But I think it is the most wonderful discovery since "sliced bread"....!
TorAa....May your third year bring you even more happiness and the opportunity to meet more of your beloved blog friends, all over the world....! And I hope I will be on that list!
(((((((HUGS TO YOU))))))) and again,
CONGRATULATIONS!

August 31, 2008 12:28 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You are pure, unadulterated joy, dear Tor! You have greatly enriched my world! Happy Anniversary!

August 31, 2008 12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah my dearest Viking, Happy Blog-a-versary!!! I am so happy to have met you and Anna. I believe that God, or the fates or whatever, helps us to find those we need to connect with in this life.
When I went through my own loss, I remember how alone I felt and I vowed I would forever be there for anyone who might find themselves walking along that terrible road of pain and loss.
Yes, the road is long, but if we hold each others hands and share our hearts we can get through it and find the joy in life once again.
How very sad my life would be without you in it!

August 31, 2008 1:42 am  
Blogger lime said...

happy blogiversary tor! i am so glad to have had the opportunity to enjoy your corner of the blogworld these two years. i look forward to many more years of enjoying that virtual friendship. :)

August 31, 2008 6:02 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Congratulations ! to you and to myself ! Yesterday somebody congratulated me and I thought it was a joke and then I checked and my photoblog was exactly 2 years old yesterday. I missed the one of my writing cramps that was in June. But otherwise I could just copy and paste your post in my blog with a few changes but everything you say, I feel exactly the same. My world now is not finished when I look out of my window, I look on my screen and I see the whole world with friends everywhere ! It is such a good feeling ! I pity the people who don't want to go close to a computer and are getting old feeling lonely and bitter. That could never happen to us !!
Prost !!! I drink to your health and long blogging !
If ever you are around Brussels don't forget the Lion in Waterloo and me sitting on it !

August 31, 2008 7:00 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Congratulations on two years of blogging, Tor. I love your blog, because you are funny, honest and just lovely. I feel that I actually know you and Anna even though I've never met you...but that's blogging, isn't it.

May you be around for a long time telling us of your cats, your family, your happy times and your sad times.

A hug to you and Anna.

August 31, 2008 9:02 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Happy Blogaversary, dear Tor, and many,many more years of happy blogging!! Did you know today is the international blog day?? how perfect is that?
My thoughts are with your son's MIL...
Hugs to you all and have a wonderful day.

August 31, 2008 11:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, happy blogaversary! We're soooo happy to have met you here - and in real life too. All things you said here is so darn true. We can only nod and agree!!!!

You certainly have enriched the blogosphere and our lives too - it's such a wonderful thing with blogs connecting people around the world.

Sad, sad news about your sons MIL, I do hope that everything goes as well as it can do. Our thoughts are with you.

I'm so happy that you've got positive answers about your own health.

We're looking forward to see you again, we'll have a blast!!!

Hugs to you both from us both

...and cheers for LIFE!

August 31, 2008 2:30 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Congrats, Tor! You have a great blog and keep up with it and all your readers amazingly well for how busy a person you are. Each blog adds a bit of a different texture to the whole blog thing and yours certainly has added to mine. I am so glad your health is okay and I thank you for your support and encouragement regarding my health challenge.

May your blog live on in all its uniqueness that is you! May we have a quiet and peaceful virtual canoe paddle up the river of life!!

August 31, 2008 4:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Tor. Glad you are feeling better.

August 31, 2008 4:47 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

I always thought that was such a funny word - "blogaversary" . . . but, this is a newer world now, where a great deal of conversations and communication are online, with the ensuing terms to follow. ;)

Glad to know everything turned out well at the hospital. Our brains are usually good indicators that not everything physical starts out physical.

Of course I wish you happy anniversary, Tor; good health and many more years of this blogging world. I cannot speak for everyone here, but I myself am certainly not in the slightest offended that you mentioned key friends / bloggers. You honor the ones that are of character and that you've grown close to.

Myself, I'm simply honored to have "known" you. ;)

August 31, 2008 6:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see all is ok now with your health! And sad for your son's MIL.I agree with all your words and think we should begin each day in a such feeling, with humour. I really think we'll have good time next year after such positiv feeling blogging day after day. People look at me as I was an extra terrestre when I speak to them of my blog! Ils sont captivés par leur propre vie et ne voient pas au delà de leur sphère environnante. Papa is super and I hope to meet him with Anna to visit again the places he knows and others ...

August 31, 2008 9:59 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Dear Dear Toraa, I'm so glad to hear that you are getting better and indeed Renny is just a wonderful pal beside you all the time. Great to appreciate him and just like me, I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Sorry to hear that your in-law is going through right now, hope she is getting the medical care now.

September 01, 2008 2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let blogs rule! How awesome. You should put it on a tee shirt or something like that - bumper sticker. You and Anna are sooo cute! :-)

September 01, 2008 4:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary to you!!! Congratulations and what better way to celebrate then not having a heart attack!! We are glad that you are getting better every day. It is a great honor to be ne of your special people! I know we will have many other blog friend parties in the years to come, just so long as you stay healthy and out of trouble!!! (okay maybe just healthy!) Big Hugs!!

September 01, 2008 9:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2 years Anniversary dear, good old friend! I so much remember two years ago that you proudly called me and said: I've started and the evening after we spend a long time at my office enjoying your first steps in Blogsphere!

Every person and bloggers are unique, and you are in your way too. We just love you Tor: we love your openness, your care for others and your personal style. Your always willing to share - good or bad - as well as showing seriously and respectful interest of others.

Your contribution to Blogsphere is unique Tor - keep up the good work!

Btw: Typical you, to think of others in a post like you: We all hope the best for your in-law!

September 01, 2008 10:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you! You bring joy to me and to the blogosphere. Thank you!

September 04, 2008 4:46 pm  
Blogger Veronita said...

Me hace muy feliz ver que estas mejor, tus palabras son muy emotivas y sinceras, y es cierto, a traves de la blogsphere hacemos muchos amigos y llegan a ser muy importantes en nuestras vidas. Me han emocionado mucho tus palabras, y los consejos sobre como afrontar la vida, son muy reales.

September 05, 2008 8:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations,Tor!!!!

Happy 2nd Blogsary!More blogsaries to come!I wish you and Anna all the best!!

kisses,
ghee

September 08, 2008 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home