TORsday - recipes from the Norwegian Kitchen - #2
As usual, it needs planning.
First thing to think about is of course what you can pick from your own harvest.
This week my recommondation is very simple for busy people:
- What do we want for dinner?
- What do we have in the Fridge and Freezer and in your Garden
WRITE YOUR SHOPPING LIST.
- When you have made up your mind and checked out what you have allready in house, you can write your shopping-list. Easy thumb-rule. Right?
This is our menu:
Avacados with red caviar and some organic mayonnaise (in the bottom)
- Cut the Avacados in two pieces. Take out the stone and but that in a pot with soil. If lucky and cared well for, you will have your own Avacados the next time. Just remember to buy organic fruits. (They are normally more adaptable)
- Then put some organic mayonnaise in the bottom of the hole after the stone.
- Add Caviar on top. Use your own favourite Caviar. Also Beluga is acceptable.
What to drink?
A Moët? Why not. (You can also have a Chandon if you live in Argentina or USA) - Water is also OK. But avoid Coffee.
Fish Fillets. White or red. The most fresh is normally to be find in your shops freezers.
Buy some pine seeds, if they are not in your regular supply.
Buy some fresh, organic persil if you do not can pick them from your Garden.
Then buy lettuce (if not in your Garden) and some Creme Fraiche.
- Rince the lettuce, mix with creme fraiche and stir for a little while in a kettle. (Minnesota Wild Rice will also be perfect for this dish)
- Bring out a pan. Use real butter or oil. Heat up, but not to hot. Put the fish and the pine seeds in the pan. Turn the Fish around so both sides will be equally heated. Be careful, so you not burn your fish. Add persil on top of the fish when nearly ready.
Warning: Do not turn the Fish around in the Air, as you do with Pancakes.
- place it on a warmed porcelain plate (hand decorated of course). And serve, with a slice of lemon or Lime. (Remember Silver Cutlery - if you do not have: It's OK with Gold as well)
What to drink?
Not coffee. Something White or Red. No sparkelig or Ice Water (Ice Water is very bad for you, rescent research have documented - hot food and ice cold water makes fat hardend: just try it outside your body and you'll see) . Only chilly, tasteless water will match.
Use some of your Rasberries from your Garden. If you don't have any in your Garden, well then, you must not forget to put them on your Shopping list.
- If you only have frozen Rasberries at hand, take them out of your freezer 1 hour before serving.
- Make Vanilla cream or sauce. Search on Internet for recipe - if you have time to make it from ground, if not: Buy it ready to use. (Is it on your shopping list?)
What to drink?
It's up to you. Something half sweet to sweet due to the freshness of the Rasberries.
Water? Well - then better with Punjab Tea.
(Excuse the blurry photo - I'm still very short-sighted - so now you have learned how that is as well)
Have a great meal and a pleasant weekend.
We will be very busy planning Anna's celeb next Saturday
PS. Might be important??
If you did find this simple meal to complicate to plan, prepare and serve, then we have a solution for you:
Go to Tahome at Lake Tahoe in California. Walk to the nearest shop (very limited parking) and buy what you there and then want for a Luncheon in the Nature. Be aware of Black Bears. Else it's very safe. (2006 - where we met our Dutch guests to Anna's celeb)
Warning: There might be some childish errors in the text. We do not take any responsabilities for eventually misundertandings and causes related. You must be over 18 to serve this dish, even over 21 when serving Coffee avec afterwards in some countries.